You will create strategic communications plans for our clients and deliver on most aspects of these plans independently. Many of Redbrick’s clients are municipal governments and related associations, across Ontario and beyond. A strong candidate will have broad knowledge of Ontario’s diverse populations, and its many urban, rural and northern communities. You will maintain Redbrick’s website and social media accounts, with the assistance of the talented communicators on our team. While this is an entry to mid-level position within our firm, you will be working directly with our clients, who are senior managers, executives, and professionals.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or political science.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about existing and emerging social media channels.
- Creative and strategic in developing and curating social media content in multiple formats (images, video and audio podcasts).
- Knowledge of social media data analytics.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and basic design programs like Canva or Adobe Spark, as well as WordPress website editing.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Previous experience working in a professional office.
- Some knowledge of rural and Northern Ontario geography.
- Designing and managing communications programs for key clients.
- Creating compelling and strategic social media content and campaigns, including maintaining and monitoring client social media accounts.
- Recognizing issues as they arise and working with colleagues and clients to deliver appropriate actions and communications.
- Maintaining Redbrick’s website and social media accounts.
- Measuring performance and presenting progress reports to our clients.
Please apply to:
22 Mississauga Road North
Mississauga, ON L5H 2H6
Learn more about this opportunity and apply by clicking the link below:
CPRS Hamilton regularly posts public relations and communications job openings in Hamilton and Southwestern Ontario. The listings are provided by the hiring organizations.
Looking to promote a job posting with CPRS Hamilton?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a job posting advertisement.
- $100/post for members (includes our website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- $150/post for non-members (includes our website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
CPRS National Career File
Looking to expand your search? The CPRS National Career File is updated on a weekly basis with opportunities from across Canada for public relations and communications management professionals. Job seekers can search for positions in a number of industry sectors, and recruiters can connect directly with the public relations community. Apply for a job or post an opening on the CPRS National Career File.Current Career Listings | Post a Career Listing