Website Content Specialist Job Reference #202105-05C
The Website Content Specialist will support and maintain the content creation of King’s new website, adapting complex academic language to be more accessible website content for an external audience. The position requires experience and skills in creating and posting website copy and images in a consistent style and voice that reflects the university’s brand. This contract position will be an integral part of the Communications team reporting to the Director of Communications and Media Relations. The role will work with content experts across King’s and be responsible for continuous reviewing and updating of content and images to ensure accuracy and timeliness to keep website content fresh and accessible.
- Employment Type: Full Time - 35 hour
- Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a clear and consistent tone on the website that aligns with King’s brand and voice and is accessible for an external audience.
- Source, write and edit copy for the academic and administrative pages on the King’s website utilizing the King’s style guide and best practices for external website audiences.
- Strategically and proactively, work with content experts to set and achieve realistic timelines for editing and approvals to keep content fresh.
- Post updated copy to academic and administrative pages of King’s website.
- Review and update the King’s style guide.
- Build relationships with content experts in academic and administrative departments and meet with them regularly.
- Review and ensure accessible, relevant and timely copy and images on the site.
- Be skilled in posting images and regularly update them as needed including faculty headshots, banners, etc.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (unless identified as preferred):
- The Website Content Specialist will have: A College diploma with a speciality in website writing, and website management. An English, Journalism or Writing Degree is preferred. 1-2 years of previous relevant experience. Strong written and verbal communications skills
- EFFECTIVE DATE: July 2021
- SALARY RANGE: SSG 10 - $53,299 - $64,939 per annum, dependant on experience
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
- July 19, 2021 at 4:30pm
Learn more about this opportunity and apply by clicking the link below:
CPRS Hamilton regularly posts public relations and communications job openings in Hamilton and Southwestern Ontario. The listings are provided by the hiring organizations.
Looking to promote a job posting with CPRS Hamilton?
Contact email@example.com to submit a job posting advertisement.
- $100/post for members (includes our website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- $150/post for non-members (includes our website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
CPRS National Career File
Looking to expand your search? The CPRS National Career File is updated on a weekly basis with opportunities from across Canada for public relations and communications management professionals. Job seekers can search for positions in a number of industry sectors, and recruiters can connect directly with the public relations community. Apply for a job or post an opening on the CPRS National Career File.Current Career Listings | Post a Career Listing