Inspire and grow the PR profession
September 1, 2016
Join the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program
Do you remember that person who took the time out of their busy schedule to help you professionally; someone who made a lasting imprint on your career? Or are you new to the industry and are looking for some career guidance and direction?
Here’s your opportunity to connect with other PR professionals and students to share your perspectives, network and participate in interactive learning-based events.
Now in its 10th year, the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program is growing and has openings available for mentors and mentees
Need more information?
If you’re not sure the program is a right fit for you but want to learn more, here are a few highlights about the program, its benefits and what’s involved:
The program is suitable for communications and PR professionals at all stages of their careers and is designed specifically for goal-oriented individuals looking to connect, share and learn with other professionals.
The program works by matching seasoned PR pros with:
- Junior to intermediate-level practitioners
- Mid-career professionals looking to take the next step and transition to a leadership role
- Communication students or recent grads breaking into the industry for the first time
- Candidates pursuing professional accreditation (APR) through the Canadian Public Relations Society
As a participant in the program, you will commit to:
1. Attend at least five of six mentorship events held over a seven-month period (October to April). That’s about one event every four to six weeks.
2. Connect with your mentee/learning partner by phone or in person on a regular schedule that works for you; ideally making contact once per month.
3. A good attitude and willingness to be a positive influence in a PR professional’s life by sharing your personal insights, encouragement and support as they take the next steps in their career journey.
WHERE & WHEN:
Mentorship events are held in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville and surrounding areas. Events are held on weekday evenings after 6 p.m. Participants should have reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to scheduled events.
Being a mentor gives you access to meaningful opportunities to teach, learn and grow through a network of experienced practitioners and new communications professionals. Mentors bring years of professional experience and personal insights and mentees offer fresh perspectives and energetic participation – it’s truly a powerful exchange. This is a unique opportunity to inspire and be inspired by those who share your passion for PR.
For more information about the program and application process, or to become a mentor please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org