Our Biannual Conference
CPRS Hamilton is proud to present #ElevatePR, our biannual full-day conference for communications and public relations professionals across Southwestern Ontario. Each conference features expert speakers, seasoned practitioners, and leading researchers who provide our delegates the latest insights into emerging trends, research, case studies, and workshops to leave you inspired, educated and prepared for our ever-changing field.
We are committed to providing top-tier professional development to our members and the broader professional community. Our pricing is designed to be affordable for both students and practitioners.
Additionally, #ElevatePR provides delegates with networking opportunities and meals throughout the day including a continental breakfast, hot lunch and afternoon refreshments.
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019
Time: 8:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Location: McMaster Innovation Park, Hamilton
Our exciting lineup of speakers provided insights on a broad range of relevant topics such as the impacts of artificial intelligence and automation, social media use among executives, and managing crisis communications for one of the most tragic sports incidents in recent Canadian memory.
The full #ElevatePR4 speaker lineup included:
- Grant LaFleche, Investigative Journalist at the St. Catharines Standard: "The Age of Fake News: Journalism and PR in the age of alternative facts"
- Rosita Hall, Professional Speaker and Best-Selling Author: "Who are you? (The Power of Personal Branding)"
- Martin Waxman, MCM, APR, President of Martin Waxman Communications: "Putting the AI in PR"
- Jane Antoniak, MCM, Manager of Media and Communications at King's University College: "The Strategic Digital Leader: Risks and rewards for the brand when your boss is online"
- Carrie Trembinski, APR, Senior Public Relations Manager at PetSmart Charities of Canada: "Building the Profile of PetSmart Charities of Canada--A Purrrfect Case Study"
- Grant Bastedo, APR, Principal at Takt Communications: "Staying Strong: Crisis management lessons learned in the midst of the Humboldt Broncos tragedy"
Accredited members earn one APR maintenance point for attending the full day.
Previous speakers include:
- Dr. Terry Flynn, Ph.D., APR, FCPRS, Professor at McMaster University
- Daniel Tisch, APR, President & CEO of Argyle Communications
- Ivana Di Millo, Director of Communications at the City of Mississauga
- Rob MacIsaac, President & CEO of Hamilton Health Sciences
- Andrew Lundy, VP Digital at Canadian Press
- Katie Pringle, Co-Founder of Marigold PR